Acrolinx helps the world’s greatest brands to create amazing content. Built on an advanced Al engine, Acrolinx is the only software platform that can actually “read” your content and guide writers to make it better. That’s why companies like Adobe, Boeing, Google, and Philips use Acrolinx to create content that’s more engaging, enjoyable, and impactful.
We are looking for someone for our HQ office in Berlin or remotely (Germany based).
Your mission is to build an ecosystem as foundation for a data driven predictive operations (AIOps) approach as part of the Corporate IT department to find an optimal balance between high reliability, maintainability, scalability, resilience and velocity of our hybrid IT infrastructure (on-premise data center / Public Cloud).
Impact & Responsibilities
You run our infrastructure with VMware vSphere as well as Ansible, Terraform and Kubernetes. You are responsible for monitoring and alerting on symptoms and not on outages. You document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions – and then into automation. Debugging production issues across services and levels of the stack also belongs to your responsibilities as well as planning the growth of Acrolinx infrastructure.
In addition, you will ensure end user hardware availability of our global operating team by working closely with supplier and logistic partner. For this you will develop and maintain an automatic device enrollment ant retirement approach for Windows, Apple and Linux computer to streamline the on- and off boarding process.
You mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards. You work with internal stakeholders to understand their needs. You are also responsible for implementing best practices and providing feedback to team members through peer reviews.
You have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with more than 4 years of experience in SRE, Software Engineering or Operations Engineering roles and know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell. You have strong programming skills with experience in Java or Python.
You have practical working experience with AWS / Azure services, SaaS Ops and know how to set this up from scratch. System administration experience on traditional on-premise data center infrastructure is a plus but not a must.
You like to think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, chaos engineering, and specific implementations. You have worked with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab or similar technologies and know what the use of config management systems like Ansible is. Past experience tuning and maintaining the performance of Linux and cloud bases systems is desirable.
You have experience in observability and AIOps using one or more: Dynatrace, DataDog, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Kibana, CloudWatch, Kinesis
You are enthusiastic, have a go-for-it attitude and want to deliver quickly and iterate fast. You like to collaborate and communicate asynchronously. You are able to work independently and you do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to improve and deliver is just a part of your DNA.
You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams. You like to share your knowledge and experience and can document all the things, so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix system fundamentals
- Experience with build automation, continuous integration, or continuous deployment tools
- Experience with Virtualization Infrastructures such as VirtualBox, OpenStack and VMWare
- Experience with mobile devices management systems like ABM, MDM, intune
- Ability to prototype and demonstrate mechanisms for performance improvement, high availability, and system scaling
- Adept at assessing issues with ability to devise workable solutions quickly responding appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills as well as a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
- Flexible, ability to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction
- Ability to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates / timelines
- Experience in negotiating timelines and deliverables with a strong sense of urgency
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (including JIRA, Confluence)
- Interested in research and introduce of new technologies, practices, and techniques, and open to continued learning
- Knowledge of German is a plus
In addition to a high degree of responsibility and room for individual development, we also offer:
A flat, informal hierarchy and quick decision-making processes.
Support in getting up to speed.
Teammates of all ages and backgrounds.
A clear, concise company vision and mission together with a clearly defined set of company values.
But that’s not all! We also offer a family-friendly environment, flexible remote working options, sponsoring the monthly BVG ticket, Urban Sports Club membership, pension subsidy, lunch subsidies and much more.
We strongly encourage diversity in our team and share a respectful and open mindset.
Note: Due to Covid-19 interviewing, onboarding and work will be fully remote to begin with. We’re committed to make this process go as smoothly as possible under these difficult conditions and support you with getting set-up and going.