The Global Sales Operations Team drives the implementation and adoption of relevant sales / CRM processes and tools for Awin customer facing teams, empowering them to be more efficient and to provide better services for Awin clients.
As a Project Manager (f/m/d)- Salesforce Data Reporting & Analytics in the Global Sales Operations Team, you will ensure that the customer-facing teams have the correct reporting, metrics, and insights to perform their daily work and improve the experience of Awin customers.
You will also be responsible for managing projects to improve data quality, from defining scope to project implementation.
- Design and creation of meaningful dashboards and reports using Salesforce reporting, Tableau and PowerBI; creation and delivery of related documentation and training
- Drive metric alignment across all regions, ensuring that the correct reports and dashboards are available for the right users.
- Identify process gaps that impact data quality
- Design, scope, and manage projects to improve data quality
- Collaborate closely with the Salesforce system Admins and B.I. team to transform business needs into technical requirements
- Continuously drive data improvement by identifying key opportunities for simplification & automation, measuring process performance and monitoring progress using key metrics
- Proactively identify and communicate monthly and quarterly customer insights
- Act as point person for the end-user reporting-and-data related questions
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in similar roles.
- Familiarity with the work of customer-facing departments (sales, customer service, technical support) and tools used by them
- Experience using salesforce.com is required; experience with PowerBI and Tableau are a plus.
- Experience analysing large data sets related to multiple regions deriving insights
- Comfortable creating engaging reports, dashboards and data visualizations for different audiences
- Comfortable dealing with a broad range of projects and requests and aligning stakeholders priorities
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and capability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Whether you enjoy working from the office or from home, Awin gives you the chance to decide where you would like to work. Our "Working Wherever" policies also make it possible for employees to work from Awin locations all over the world.
- With staff wellbeing at the forefront of our minds, we have shifted to a 4-day week on a trial basis, offering, our employees the opportunity to spend time with family and friends, focus on a long-fostered passion, or take up personal studies
- Use our company training resources to gain and improve your knowledge on a variety of topics
- 2 paid days off per year, during working hours to volunteer with a community organisation
- Taking care of your mental wellbeing by offering access to various mental health initiatives