TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Web Platforms technology organisation which powers TUI’s global e-commerce services and solutions across all European markets.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of cross-functional teams and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy.
You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported.
- You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
- You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress.
- You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain.
- You will focus on helping your team to self-organise and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
- You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions.
- You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
- You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development.
- You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Passionate about and strong knowledge of delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement;
Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/off shore colleagues or (external partners);
Recognise that psychological safety is one of the key factors in creating high performing teams and organisations;
High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness, true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams;
Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment;
Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders;
Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences;
Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Employment with the world's leading tourism group;
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge;
- Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Flexible working environment;
- International career and development opportunities.