We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
We are currently seeking a qualified Inventory Control Quality Assurance (ICQA) Data Analyst (m/w/d) to support our team.
This role is not location specific and can be filled at any of our DE FCs.
Job ID: 1440702 | Amazon Logistik GmbH
The position will work closely with the Inbound, Outbound, and Inventory Control operations to develop tools and analyze data to support improvement initiatives, dig deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements in FC wide quality.
The complexity of research and skills for the ICQA Analysts is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis of capacity planning, bin utilization and configuration, deep dives into key metrics based on request, building and maintaining of multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
- Ensure key performance metrics are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform detailed analysis on behaviors and processes impacting inventory integrity.
- Possess or gain expertise in key process paths and exception handling ensuring that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments.
- Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
- Partner with Area Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies in accordance to standard work.
- Support other FC requests for data support (queries, reports/database creation).
- Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
- Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries (Oracle, Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Good Excel Skills and the ability to develop reporting’s using web- and database connections in Excel
- Good verbal and written English skills
- We search for people that get the job done and accept a lot of different qualifications like a University degree in different disciplines or relevant work experience.
- Ability to write scripts or small programs in Python and Ruby or
- Experience in working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in designing webpages using frameworks like Bootstrap, JQuery, and AngularJS