We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This Senior On–Road Integration Manager will strive to deliver the safest on-road organisation in the world.
Job ID: 1246404 | Amazon EU SARL(Germany Branch)
The role will be responsible for designing and owning systems, tools and processes required to operate safe on-road operations for now and the future in line with Amazon sustainability goals. Operations management of fleet operations: real estate, infrastructure, logistics of having vans and drivers in the right place at the right time and the tools required to do this. Driving programs and coordination across real estate, procurement, sustainability, fleet, engineering, delivery service partner (DSP) teams, Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES) teams and external public stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Design and implement the operational process standards required to scale internal combustion engine/electric fleet operations
- Plan the logistics of having vans and drivers in the right place at the right time (integrate new standards and tools required to manage movement).
- Driving on road programs and coordination across real estate, procurement, sustainability, fleet, engineering, DSP teams and ACES teams.
- Support the delivery of climate pledge goals for AMZL final mile fleet
- Innovate on-road operations with safety as the no.1 tenet.
- Adapt on road delivery modes/design to regional opportunities where they will exist today or in the future (driving processes, tracking mechanisms, improvement in service time)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience of managing operations and/or program deployment across many stakeholders in a people leadership role
- Demonstrable experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Automotive, Fleet, and Technical Product Management
- Experience of working with public authorities and leading public relations activities
- Experience negotiating and contracting with 3rd party vendors
- Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated
- Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access, or other data management systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master's degree in in a related discipline
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language (French, German, Italian or Spanish advantageous)
- Project Management certification