DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
Therefore we need your support as
Developer Advocate (f/m/d)
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
Work wherever you want
Whether you would like to work from home or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn, the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team. This is why we are looking for outstanding employees from all over Germany, the Netherlands or Poland.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. We want to ensure that external developers can use our API as easily as possible. For this purpose, we want to provide open-source libraries for a wide range of programming languages. You will be responsible for designing and developing these libraries and making sure that they deliver benefits to the developer community. You will also advocate internally for the needs of the developer community.
- Develop and maintain open-source client libraries for the DeepL API in several programming languages
- Take part in the design process of public DeepL APIs as part of the backend development team
- Advocate for external developers internally
- Engage in a dialogue with external developers
- Several years of software development experience with solid knowledge in more than one programming language and interest in learning new ones (like e.g. C#, Java, Python, Js, C++, Swift)
- Experience with (or interest in) programming libraries and API design
- The ability to explain complex ideas and designs clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with an open-source community
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software development, but in any case you have successfully built software projects and shown a lot of initiative in doing so
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Interesting and challenging software development work
- A highly skilled and effective team enjoying mutual trust and very short decision-making processes
- Code reviews and a focus on high quality
- Meaningful work: We overcome language barriers and thus bring cultures closer together
- Lots of flexibility and a comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or suitable equipment for your home office)