We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online, to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams’ band together, roll up their sleeves, and are not content with just standing still. We are aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
IT Requirements Engineer (m/w)
Job ID: 1191614 | Amazon Fulfillment Germany Gmb
As an "IT Requirements Engineer (m/f)" you form a link between internal IT customers and different internal IT development and engineering departments. In collaboration with the regional IT management, the conception and drafting of new and innovative ideas is a main focus of your daily work. You'll create content aimed at sharing a compelling story with internal and external audience: May that be on product innovation, technology proposals or hard metrics, the topics will vary constantly and frequently. Your deep understanding of heterogenous IT infrastructures, ability to understand customer requirements, analytic skills to analyze and document topics in a data driven manner is where your creativity and competence to write comes to test. In a dynamic, fast-growing and flexible environment with a high potential for automation and innovation, you will work on broad projects with international colleagues. Technologies - such as Amazon Robotics, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Internet of Things (IoT) - provide variety, constant challenge and offer corresponding opportunities for further development. With new programs, products, and strategies being continuously developed and launched, the opportunities for imaginative and innovative thinking and content strategy are endless.
- Communicative interface between engineering/development departments and IT operations
- Accompanying and supporting the specialist departments in the maintenance, optimization and reorientation of the business processes or the central IT systems
- Analysis and evaluation of technical requirements (preparation of as-is analyses, weak-point analyses, target concepts and implementation descriptions)
- Development of test concepts, independent execution of the test work as well as coordination and monitoring of the introduction phase
- Technical documentation and specification of innovative ideas to increase the efficiency of the IT infrastructure and the team
- An IT degree or comparable professional experience in IT
- 5y+ work experience with IT infrastructures
- Broad understanding and knowledge of current IT technologies and trends
- Experience in the analysis and development of requirements and concepts for complex IT solutions
- Specification of new business processes and requirements for IT solutions as well as testing and acceptance
- Ability to get to the point with complex content
- Willingness to work independently with high personal responsibility
- Commercial understanding and cost awareness
- English: Advanced (C1) or better
- Readiness for national and international travel
- Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- Experience with process optimization in an industrial environment
- 3y+ work experience in an industrial (logistics) environment
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
- Work experience with agile project management
- Experience in working
- Strong track record in project management, business analysis, and/or business process blueprinting and engineering
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex implementation or integration projects