Appen has more than 20 years of experience in data annotation, collection, evaluation and transcription and a track record for successfully enhancing image, speech, text and video data for use in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We have deep expertise in more than 180 languages and dialects, do work in more than 130 countries, and have access to a global crowd of over 1,000,000 skilled contractors.
Appen partners with leading technology, automotive and eCommercecompanies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them secure the data they need to create innovative products and services that rely on natural language and machine learning.This position is restricted to current residents of Germany.
Appen is looking for highly educated individuals for an exciting work from home opportunity. Applicants must be self motivated and internet savvy. As a search engine evaluator, you may participate in a number of different evaluation projects, including web search, video evaluation, maps, local, automation projects, etc.
Search Engine Evaluators will need to combine a passion for analysis with an understanding of various online research tools. Applicants must be detail oriented and have a broad range of interests.Ideal Search Engine Evaluators will possess the following skills
- Have in-depth, up-to-date familiarity with German social culture, media, and web culture
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills in German and English
- Broad range of interests, with specific areas of expertise a plus
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess a high-speed internet connection (Cable Modem, Fiber, DSL, etc.)
- Use of an Android phone version 4.1 or higher, Windows phone version 8.1 or higher, or an iPhone version 4s or higher
Search Engine Evaluators provide feedback and evaluation of various data sets, often by measuring the relevance and usefulness of web pages in correlation to predefined queries, by providing comparative analysis of sets of results and various other techniques.
All candidates are required to take and pass a qualification exam before becoming a Search Engine Evaluator. Please Note: We are unable to offer more than one Search Engine Evaluator position per household.
- Flexible Schedule
- Work from Home
- Part-time Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.